Water well systems are a dependable water source as they tap into underground aquifers, providing a consistent supply even during droughts. Their independence from municipal water sources also grants homeowners autonomy and control over their water quality and usage.
However, they come with their set of challenges. Professional plumbers like Your 1 Plumber can tackle these common issues in the well system exceptionally well.
Let’s discuss some common problems in the well system with troubleshooting tips and when you should call a professional.
The 5 Common Issues in Well Systems and How To Troubleshoot Them
Here are the five common issues in the well system with their troubleshooting tips;
1. Low Water Pressure:
- Clogged pipes or filters
- Sediment buildup in the well
- Faulty pressure tank
- Check and clean filters
- Inspect pipes for clogs
- Verify pressure tank settings
2. Pump Cycling Too Frequently:
- Waterlogged pressure tank
- Faulty pressure switch
- Leaks in the system
- Inspect for visible leaks
- Test and adjust the pressure switch
- Check and drain the pressure tank if needed
3. Unusual Noises from the Well:
- Air in the system
- Issues with the pump or motor
- Sediment in the well
- Bleed air from the system
- Inspect pump and motor for issues
- Consider professional well cleaning if sediment is present
4. Intermittent Water Supply:
- Faulty check valve
- Well pump issues
- Water level fluctuations
- Have the check valve tested and replaced if necessary
- Inspect well pump performance
- Monitor water levels during different times
5. Dirty or Cloudy Water:
- Well contamination
- Sediment in the well
- Bacterial growth
- Have water tests conducted for contaminants
- Consider well cleaning or chlorination
- Install appropriate filtration systems
When to Call in a Professional:
While DIY troubleshooting can address some well-system issues, there are situations where professional assistance is crucial. Consider calling in a well-system expert when:
If you suspect problems with the well pump motor or electrical components, seek professional assistance to avoid safety hazards.
Water Quality Concerns:
For accurate water testing and addressing contamination or bacterial issues, rely on professionals experienced in well water quality.
If the well pump requires extensive repairs or replacement, enlist the expertise of a well-system professional for a seamless solution.
Major Pump Failures:
Drilling or Well Deepening:
When well-related construction work is needed, such as drilling or deepening, professional well contractors are essential to ensure proper and compliant procedures.
Get Rid Of Water Well System Issues Via Your 1 Plumber
Your 1 Plumber offers professional well-system services in various Maryland areas such as Germantown, Silver Spring, Frederick, Columbia, etc. Our plumbing services are among the best in the region. So, get in touch with us now.