Water quality is commonly defined by its physical, chemical, biological and aesthetic characteristics.
A healthy environment is one in which the water quality supports a rich and varied community of organisms and protects public health. Water quality in a body of water influences the way in which communities use the water for activities, such as:
- Supplying drinking water.
- Irrigating crops and watering stock.
- Industrial processes.
- Navigation and shipping.
- Production of edible fish, shellfish and crustaceans.
- Protection of aquatic ecosystems.
- Wildlife habitats.
- Scientific study and education.
Contact us or give us a call to discover how we can help.